1) Do lock all your doors and windows when you go out. Pay particular attention to the back of your premises – a popular entry point for burglars.
2) Don’t leave door keys in hiding places such as under the doormat. Thieves know all the hiding places.
3) Do keep your shed/outbuildings locked. Your tools are useful to a thief who wants to gain entry.
4) Don’t leave a window open a few inches for ventilation.
5) Do close the curtains and leave a light on in a room (not the hall) if you are out for the evening.
6) Don’t leave ladders lying around. If kept outside, padlock them to something secure.
7) To illuminate dark areas around the home. Burglars don’t like the light.
8) Don’t leave curtains and blinds drawn in the daytime – they attract the thief.